cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Make Call with Call Variables not supported

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

Why does CCX not permit passing call variables in the Finesse MAKE_CALL API ?

I am using a Click to Call from a CRM and we are using the Finesse API, I can not pass variables with this API.    It is specifically listed in the documentation that this is not supported with UCCX.

Is there any other way you can think to pass variables into a MAKE_CALL ?     I need to get a CRM record ID stored in one of the callvariable fields in the CCDR table for historical reporting purposes.

2 Replies 2

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

You might consider ECC variables sent from CCX/E. Let me know if this help.

There is a discussion on this subject on page 70...https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!dialogcreate-a-new-dialog-make-a-call 

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying.  I know the variables I need to populate, I just can't populate them from the external application that I'm trying to use into UCCX / Finesse.

I found the UPDATE_CALL_DATA action that can be used to add callvariable data to a Finesse Dialog.   However, it will not let me use this action when I authenticate to Finesse API with an admin account.    I can only use this when I authenticate to the Finesse API using the agent's credentials.   This is a problem for me since I need to do this from a CRM application that doesn't know the agent's credentials.

This is becoming really frustrating...  

Why does UCCX prevent the initial MAKE_CALL from passing call variable data ?

Why does UCCX prevent an admin from using the UPDATE_CALL_DATA action on a dialog ?

The last thing I can think to do is create some javascript to run in the agent's Finesse browser that queries the CRM to obtain the call variable data and then since that javascript runs in the agent's Finesse instance, it should be able to use the UPDATE_CALL_DATA.    It just seems the right solution here is to allow the admin user access to the UPDATE_CALL_DATA action.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: