cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SelectCmDevice(ref stateInfo, CmSel) throws exception The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

We are using RisPort API for getting device IP Address using https://CUCM_IP:8443/realtimeservice/services/RisPort.

Here is our piece of code-

CmSel.MaxReturnedDevices = 100;
CmSel.Status = "Registered";
CmSel.Class = "Phone";
CmSel.Model = 255; //Any
CmSel.SelectBy = "Name";
CmSel.SelectItems = arrSelItem;
string stateInfo = null;
SelDResult = Ris.SelectCmDevice(ref stateInfo, CmSel);

Ris.SelectCmDevice(ref stateInfo, CmSel) throws exception "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.".

Our CUCM version is 9.1.2. we checked https://CUCM_IP:8443/realtimeservice/services/RisPort in browser and it's running fine, wsdl is also displayed.

Can you please tell us what could be the possible cause? Is there any specific parameter in CUCM which we need to check?

Regards,
Umesh

4 Replies 4

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this Java?  I don't see what you created for arrSelItem. 

No, It's C#.

arrSelItem is array of device names for which we want to fetch info.

arrSelItem = new RealTimeService.SelectItem(200);

Regards,

Umesh

Sorry, I'm not a C# guy, so I probably can't help you.  But if I had to guess, that (arrSelItem) is the problem.  In Java, there's a way to view what the XML is going to look like before you send it.  There's probably a way to do that in C#, and that's what I would recommend.  Previewing the XML will show you where things are going wrong.

Also - you're selecting by Name, right?  Are you saying you're creating an array of 200 device names? 

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using a tool like Fiddler to intercept the actual HTML request/response on the wire is also extremely helpful, as it will include the the HTTP headers (which are important.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: