Views
Helpful
Replies

XML API Character Encoding

lggang001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use CreateMeeting method,and Meeting topic is Simplified Chinese,when I request to return successfully, but login My WebEx Meeting Topic is garbled.

request XML element:

<meet:confName>测试会议1426241972938</meet:confName>

My WebEx Meetings Topic:

????1426241972938

3 Replies 3

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

GB2312 character encoding has been deprecated in XML API for some time now. Please try using UTF-8 encoding for your XML request instead. UTF-8 is the preferred encoding, as it supports all languages. You may also want to change your page preferences on the WebEx site to use Chinese language for display, I don't know whether english page display supports Chinese character for meeting topic.

I try to using UTF-8 encoding, but still can not.  I use Chinese character create a meeting on the WebEx site for meeting topic,is to display normal.

topic(测试会议123)  is meeting on WebEx site created,display is normal.

I'm using HttpClient send request. Test3.java

Hello,

I was able to test this on apidemoeu.webex.com and saw the characters displayed correctly on the WebEx site. I tested outside of JAVA, however, using the XML API debug page, available for download on http://www.webexdeveloper.com when clicking Develop and Test -> XML API -> Sample Code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: