Views
Helpful
Replies

Display of non ascii characters for Service Name on Devices 8961 & 8945

frederic.briand
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We would like to activate the Service Name display on devices 8961 & 8945. There is a field called "ASCII Service Name" but we would like to know how it is possible to display non ascii characters or accents into the Names of the Services on these devices?

Regards,

Frédéric

6 Replies 6

xuameng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

honestly, i don't quite understand your questions. Where is the field "ASCII Service Name" that you referred to? XML service provisioning page? not matter which encoder is selected, UTF8, 16, or 32, we will convert to Unicode to display on phone UI.

So can you elaborate more for your question?

Thanks

Sandy

Hello,

sorry I didn't specify the version of CUCM on which the question is related to. I need an answer for version CUCM9.1. Indeed this field disappears with CUCM10.

This field is used with the functionality Subscribe/Unsubscribe services when you select a device:

Device SubscribeService_CUCM9.PNG

We understand that "ASCII Service name" field handles only ASCII characters so we would like to know how are non ascii characters handled for Services display on the devices. Is there a specific field to configure ?

I hope my resquest is more clear.

Regards,

Frédéric

No, i believe no other specific filed to configure this. ASCII as well as a couple of other encoder like UT8, 16, etc, will all be converted to Unicode before is displayed.

Thanks

Sandy

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

Is it the same behaviour for a CUCM8.6?

Regards,

Frédéric

Yes, it is same i think. There should be no CUCM version dependency.

Thanks,

Sandy

OK thank you for your precise answer.

Frédéric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: