Views
Helpful
Replies

Push XML to a huge number of phones

PeterF
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to build an application that is able to push a CiscoIPPhoneExecute element to a huge number of phones (5,000-10,000) in the shortest possible time. For this purpose I created a new Application User in the CUCM. The application has a dynamic target group. So it needs to update the associated devices of the Application User.

Is there any way to do this without specifying all device names at once within a single AXL request? A special user role or something that allows to push to all phones?

Thank you and best regards,

Peter

3 Replies 3

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1

If your only purpose of putting the dynamic target group of phones into the application user is to pass the authentication, just use your own custom authentication script (which should be quicker than having the phones query CUCM; this was advised back in the CUCM 4 IP Phone SDK with an example). To answer your question the Standard CCM Super Users group can push to all phones. There are some other control phone roles, but I believe those are around CTI permissions.

Hi,

thanks for your fast response! I tried to send the request to a phone after placing the Application User in the CCM Super Users group. Unfortunately it didn't work. Do you know if there is anything else that needs to be configured?

I already thought of using my own authentication script. It seems that this is not an option as the admins are not allowed to change this setting.

Custom authentication script is definitely the way to go for very large bulk requests.

Re AXL manipulations, sometimes it can be very efficient to make the CUCM updates using the AXL facility to execute raw SQL against the CUCM database - i.e. via AXL <executeSqlUpdate>

The CUCM database tables involved should be: enduser, device and enduserdevicemap.  Details on the CUCM database tables/fields/relationships can be found in the AXL 'Data Dictionary' documentation for your release

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: