cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi, I have a client who is looking for an Email Security Solution using Cisco IronPort Appliance. Hi needs redundancy for higher availability. Can someone assist me how will the email traffic traverse from the failed ESA to a standby ESA?

benedictormvuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a client who is looking for an Email Security Solution using Cisco IronPort Appliance. Hi needs redundancy for higher availability. Can someone assist me how will the email traffic traverse from the failed ESA to a standby ESA?

2 Replies 2

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

A very short summary is, you will need two ESA appliances virtual or hardware based

Two MX records, MX record 1 points to Ironport A and MX record 2 points to Ironport B

Both Ironports will be operated in a cluster.

Based on the  value of the MX setting you will have an active-active or an active-passive setup.

Hoep that helps

A small update to Marc's response.  Ironport cluster is not depending on the mail flow or email redundancy. It is used for Centralized Management only to manage configuration of multiple ESA appliances. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: