Views
Helpful
Replies

which API to use for SharePoint to show meeting participant list

imthenachoman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

My company uses WebEx. I read the URL and XML API docs a little but I'm a little lost. Was hoping for some guidance on which API to use and maybe some pointers on how to get started.

I want to add some code to my SharePoint to show a specific recurring WebEx meeting's participant list -- both current/active meeting and past meetings. I saw XML has lstmeetingattendeeHistory but the XML API is a bit complex and thought maybe I could do the same thing with the URL API?

And also, the XML API seems to require password in the request? Anyway to get information by providing the meeting ID instead -- with either the URL or XML API?

1 Reply 1

mifierro
Level 4
Level 4

Greetings! The URL API would not be suited for the type of application you are looking to build; it's probable that the XML API would not suffice either. Both are meant to automate tasks such as logging in, creating users, scheduling and joining meetings, and static reporting.

You can take a look at the sample code for lstmeetingattendeeHistory on the XML API website to get an idea of what kind of information can be returned. Meeting room passwords are not needed, the API will return a list of meetings which the API user (the webExID listed in <securitycontext>) owns, unless the API user is a site admin, in which case info for all meetings is returned.

Cisco DevNet: WebEx Conferencing - XML API - XML API Reference

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: