Views
Helpful
Replies

EpStreamCodecInGet issue

denes.istvan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using Cisco's EpApi for sound stream handling for call management. Everything works ok. I can get the streams, start the streams, sound is coming and going.

I have found in the documentation the EpStreamCodecInGet function and implemented the same way as the other EpApi functions. The problem is when I call this function it returns true (so no errors) however, the structure with the WAVEFORMATEX remains empty. Every value is 0. What can be the problem?

Regards,

Istvan

5 Replies 5

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Istvan,

what version of CUCM and TAPI are you working with? Is it possible for you to post the sanitized code snippet and logs showing this issue?

Thanks,

Hello,

CUCM version is 10.5.1 and tapi version 3.1.

The code is a bit big to try to copy it in here. But I have tested with a Cisco IP Communicator and the get codec function gives the same (all 0s). Is it possible that it is a provider or CUCM configuration problem?

Regards,

Istvan

It could be related to the parameter values being passed to the function. Can you send us the section of code, that deals with EpStreamCodecInGet function? You can attach the code snippet and logs, as attachments to this thread. That will help us narrow down the problem.

Thanks,

Hello,

it seems the problem was at the telephone provider company. They have fixed the issues, so there is no point in calling this function at all. In case I will have a bit more time, I will look into it and make a clean code for it. But for now, we can close/freeze this issue.

Regards,

Istvan

Thanks for that update. We will close the issue for now.