Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Fields blank after modifying custom report definition in CUIC 8.5

Hi Guys,

I need some help with my CUIC and a TAC engineer recommended I visit here.

The issue is that I had a perfect running report used to create a dashboard but wanted to optimize space by abbreviating some words.

I did this by first copying the underlying report definition to a backup and then modifying the [fields] in the SQL database query in the report definition.

After doing this and saving successfully I went back in but noticed that the fields are not being populated anymore. Consulting with the SQL programmer reveals that this sorta thing can happen in CUIC 8 and the entire report definition, report, dashboard, permalink has to be created from ground zero.

Any assistance or experience on such incidents would be appreciated.  Attached is the screenshots of the report definition when working and when the fields are blank, the only difference being name changes in the query.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jacparke
Level 5
Level 5

The trick is not to mess with the report definition.  Run the good report, "Save As" your new report, then edit the new view, right-click on any of the fields you want to change the name of, select "Properties" from the little menu it gives you, and change the "Display Name" to be whatever you like.  When done, save the report - you will have to take that new view link and put that in your dashboard.

Regards

Jack Parker

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jacparke
Level 5
Level 5

The trick is not to mess with the report definition.  Run the good report, "Save As" your new report, then edit the new view, right-click on any of the fields you want to change the name of, select "Properties" from the little menu it gives you, and change the "Display Name" to be whatever you like.  When done, save the report - you will have to take that new view link and put that in your dashboard.

Regards

Jack Parker

Jack,

Thanks for your reply and advice.

I will try your recommendation and provide an update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: