cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proxy Login iPhone ?

kelmcbri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you know if it's possible to use the Extension Mobility API to remotely log in a Jabber for iPhone client ?   I'm wanting to write an iPhone app that would let a user pick up an iPhone, launch the app - the app would present a barcode scanner.  The user scans a barcode on their badge containing their userid.  Then the app would log the user into jabber for iPhone on that device and launch Jabber for iPhone client.

I guess an alternative would be to have the app scan the badge for username/password and then launch Jabber for iPhone passing those credentials along.  Not sure if Jabber for iPhone has a way to accept the credentials in a call from another program though.. but that's a question for another forum.

1 Reply 1

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't come across any documentation that says you couldn't use the EM API on Jabber for iPhone client. Have you tried testing this out?

For the alternative option I think you could use the URI handlers supported by the native Jabber client that accepts credentials and cross launches the app automatically to a user session.

Thanks,

Adrienne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: