Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber voice - login from other domain

bhindusaran
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have server CUPS and CUCM hosted in a server (some xyz domain)

When tried to login to Cisco Jabber thick client and using the jabber API, the following feature works IM & Presence and Voice.

But when tried to login from different domain (some abc) in Cisco Jabber thick client and using the jabber API, only the IM & Presence feature work. And am unable to login to jabber voice service.

Regards,

Bhindusaran.v

5 Replies 5

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you talking about a sandbox, or are these your servers (or your company's servers)?

Also, we could use a little more detail.  I don't really know what you mean by "login from other domain". 

HI Nicholas,

Thanks for your response.

Yes Cisco servers are installed in my company sandbox environment to which i have access from the production environment.

Now when i tried to login to Cisco Jabber thick client, Voice service is not enabled in the production environment. It works fine in the sandbox.

Note : IM & presence works from production environment.

Regards,

bhindusaran.v

What do you mean voice service is not enabled?  Did you set up your login user with a phone association? 

How about the person you are trying to call?  Right-click on that contact and then select Edit Profile.  Is there a phone number listed for that contact?  If not, then enter the phone number for that contact and save the change.  Now the option to call that contact should be visible.

I have associated both softphone and deskphone to the user.

The person am trying to call to has a phone number listed for him.

When logged in from production environment am not seeing a call feature enabled, from the menu am getting only the chat functinality. And am also not able to register the phone either as softphone or deskphone.

But from the sandbox environment all the mentioned functionality works fine.

Am I missing any configuration required for production environment (Other domain).

Thanks,

Bhindusaran.V

Hi,

I'm still confused as to what it is you're trying to do, so let me ask some basic questions:

1. You are using Cisco Jabber for Windows, correct?  You are not using a web application, correct?

2. The production environment supports Jabber using Cisco IM&Presence Server (also known as CUP), correct?

3. The CUCM server coupled with the IM&P server is set up so that the users in your roster all have phones associated with them, correct?

4. You have checked the profile for the contact, and there is a phone number there -- for example, right click on the contact and select Edit Profile and you see something like this:

Profile.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: