Views
Helpful
Replies

From Where CUCM Check the Fac during the call flow

marwa.ads
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

During the Call flow, the CUCM requests the FAC code from the user, then it checks the entered FAC to accept or reject the call.

Does the CUCM connects to its database every call to check the entered FAC?

i want to the CUCM to check the entered FAC against my database .. is this possible?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The FAC information is stored in the "facinfo" table.

I would assume CUCM checks that table in the database, only when when the DN matches a Route Pattern that has the "Require Forced Authorization Code" check box enabled.

You want CUCM to check the FAC information, against a table in your database (Instead of checking the "facinfo" table)? Is that a correct understanding?

I doubt that can be possible. Can you elaborate on that request - why you want it to work that way?

Thanks,

your understanding is correct.

We have a customer who wants to mask the FAC from the CUCM Web administrator, So there will be a FAC code at my database which maps the FAC code at the CUCM database.

Oh, so the Authorization Level and Authorization Code name is visible, but the Authorization code is masked in CUCM Admin?  I will have to check if what customer is wanting can be done.

Yes, i hope this can be done

Hi,

There appears to be no way to make CUCM check the FAC against your database.

The workaround in this case may be to disable the CUCM FAC feature completely, and have your application take care of the entire process. In effect, the CTI based application (using JTAPI/TAPI), would need to handle DTMF processing, media playback and perform call redirection.

How it can work is - when a call is initiated by user, it gets redirected to a CTI Route point. The app answers it, plays a tone/audio, and prompts user to enter the authorization code. After accepting the digits entered by user, app matches it against your database and then redirects the call accordingly.

The drawback to this workaround would be that the Call Detail Records (CDR) for the call, will not contain/reflect the FAC information - as the app is taking care of the authorization and not CUCM.

Regards,