cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in custom element in CVP 9.0(1)

rwhitcomb1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to build a client library that a custom element. I downloaded the JDK 1.6_24, and used the wsimport program to generate source files from the WSDL, which I then used to craft the jar file.

The element builds fine in Call Studio, the call flow that uses it validates and deploys just fine. But when the call flow goes to uses the element, it errors out with the following exception:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.ws.WebFault.messageName()Ljava/lang/String;

at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.processExceptions(RuntimeModeler.java:1162)

at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.processDocWrappedMethod(RuntimeModeler.java:898)

at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.processMethod(RuntimeModeler.java:666)

at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.processClass(RuntimeModeler.java:420)

at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.buildRuntimeModel(RuntimeModeler.java:254)

at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.createSEIPortInfo(WSServiceDelegate.java:661)

at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.addSEI(WSServiceDelegate.java:649)

at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:343)

at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:326)

at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:308)

at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:92)

at com.paychex.xml.paychex.enterprise.contact.v1.ws.ContactService.getIContactService(ContactService.java:56)

at com.paychex.corp.contactservice.client.ContactEntityService.getAgent(ContactEntityService.java:58)

at com.paychex.corp.contactservice.client.ContactEntityService.getAgentById(ContactEntityService.java:51)

at com.paychex.cvpxml.actionelement.GetAgentById.doDecision(GetAgentById.java:78)

at com.audium.server.vo

I am not using JAX-WS to generate the source files, it's the tool directly in the JDK.

2 Replies 2

It seems that some library is missing. I suggest to put your developed Web Service Client Library into java/application/lib (or classes) directory and all other libs required for your Web Service Client into java/util/lib.

daniel.ng
Level 1
Level 1

Robert,

I hope you sorted out your problem - thought I respond in case anyone else is faced with the same issues like yourself.

The problem lies in the fact that Java 6 (i.e. the jdk 1.6) is shipped with JAX-WS RI that is compliant to version 2.1.

Within CVP.war (see WEB-INF/lib), Cisco is shipping JAX-WS library files (i.e. jar files) that are version 2.2.1 compliant (if you have a look at the contents of the jaxws-tools.jar file, there is a manifest.mf (under the META-INF subfolder), which tells you that the specific version JAX-WS for those tools.

In JAX-WS 2.1, webFault does not contain the method called messageName but in JAX-WS 2.2, webFault does contain the method messageName.

If your CVP 9 is still running jre 1.6 then there is an issue between the deployed JAX-WS RI API libraries within CVP.war and your application (and the underlying JRE).

The tidiest solution would be to update your CVP installation to run Java 7 (see Cisco's documentation on patching the system), update your CVP studio to use Java 7, regenerate your webservices client (so it is JAX-WS 2.2 compliant) and try again?

The JAX-WS website suggested that there may be a way of running JAX-WS 2.2 with Java 6 (using the endorsed directory) but I've not managed to get it working yet with wsimport.

Alternatively, upgrade to CVP 10.5?

Hopefully this issue doesn't exist with CVP 10.5 and above as that should be using Java 7 out of the box.

Regards,

Daniel