cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deviceDataPassThrough error in senData

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have gone through all discussion regarding this error in forum but don't find any specific reason for this error.

Take example - I am asking phone to fetch a URL from server using JTAPI senddata but getting this error. Can you please tell us what could be the reason-

- Can It be if URL is not accessible from the phone?

Regards,

Umesh

7 Replies 7

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Umesh,

What error are you seeing? Is this seen with a particular phone type? I think IP Phone Services would be correct place to post this.

What is the payload of the data you are sending?  Is it a valid <CiscoiPPhoneExecute> request object?  What model phone model is the problem occurring with?

It's a image push in 5 threads and out of 800 phones only for 295 phones we are getting this error.

-So there is no issue of payload

- All phones are 8945

- Only thing we are suspecting is network connectivity. We can see that phone registered in CUCM but phone configuration page is not coming in browser(http://phone_ip). Can this be an issue?

- For network related issue we are expecting timeout error or authentication error number=4

Regards,

Umesh

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the non-working tests random among devices?  If it is always happening to specific devices, is it possible that the enable HTTP/web-server setting in the Device Specific settings is disabled?  This must be enabled for using HTTP POST to send CiscoIPPhoneExecute requests to the phone - perhaps it may also prevent CTI pass-through push requests as well...

"Web Access" is enabled for all phones.

Yes we tried multiple times for those phones and always getting same error i.e. deviceDataPassThrough request failed.

Regards,

Umesh

From the phone side:

- Can you check that all phones are on the same firmware (hopefully the latest or a recent build)

- You can download the phone's config file if you know the CUCM TFTP server address and the phone's devicename, e.g. 'tftp get SEP0123456789012.cnf.xml'  You could download the config files for working/non-working phones and compare to see if there are any config differences

From the CTI side:

- Enable and collect the JTAPI logs - it's possible you may be able to spot the error and deduce the reason from these logs

- CTI Manager and Callmanager service logs on CUCM

For detailed analysis assistance with the JTAPI/CUCM logs, would definitely recommend opening a DevNet developer support ticket:

Cisco DevNet Support

We asked customer to open TAC as we are not getting phone configuration page also though "Web Access" is enabled.

Regards,

Umesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: