cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

timer bug ends application

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Another unexpected behavior when the application's timer handling is less than perfect.

See code below. When timer stop call_timer0 is executed without a call_timer0 running, even the named_timer, that should not be affected, is stopped. So the application will never reach named_timer event as it would be more correct.

proc sessInd {} {

timer start named_timer 30 TEST

timer stop call_timer0

}

proc doNothing {} {}

set fsm(INIT,ev_session_indication) "sessInd same_state"

set fsm(INIT,ev_named_timer)        "doNothing same_state"

fsm define fsm INIT

5 Replies 5

Raghavendra G V
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The timer stop command stops the timer associated with the name.
Syntax
timer stop type [name]

Example :
timer stop named_timer   timer_1

Thanks,
Raghavendra

Maybe I need to clarify my posting.

A script is supposed to be running as long there are timer(s) running.

As you say, "timer stop" is supposed to stop exclusively the related type and name..

What happens, is that doing "timer stop call_timer0", that stops also any named_timer running, making the application terminate. Hope the issue is more clear now.

Thanks for your clarification, is there any specific reason or any use case for calling stop call_timer after named timer.

Looks like this happens only when ev_session_indication event occur, i don't see this happen when ev_setup_indication occur.

Thanks,
Raghavendra

As I was explaining, this can happen when an application blindly calls "stop call_time0" without a _call_timerl0 running. thing which with other types of timers is harmless.

I provided an example with sess_indication for simplicity only. I see that it happen no matter how the application is started.

I will check on this issue, as I said earlier don't see this happen when ev_setup_indication occur.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: