Views
Helpful
Replies

Powershell and user provisioning

RaviSabharanjak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to use PowerShell to provision users into our Webex tenant. Is the XML API the correct API to use? Are there any samples in Powershell available to do this / can you share some if you have developed any code that can get me started with the API?

thanks and regards,

-Ravi

3 Replies 3

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

XML API does support host and site admin user provisioning and update. XML API uses HTTPS POST over port 443 with XML messages, it does not care what platform the remote host is using to send the HTTPS POST message. WebEx also offers automatic user provisioning and update via SAML SSO for organizations that want to use SSO instead of traditional username and password authentication, and more closely ties the WebEx account to internal account management.

thanks! I do have SSO using ADFS setup and auto provisioning is a possible route I could take. However I also need to update the accounts with a third party teleconference provider, hence would prefer to create the accounts (and also update them) instead of waiting for the user to log on and create them.

Does anyone have any powershell samples they can share?

-Ravi

Hello,

WebEx does not offer any powershell examples, although it does look like several HTTPS POST articles/examples are available online using your favorite search tool.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: