cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to receive Spark welcome email

kgbailey
Level 1
Level 1

We are unable to receive the Spark welcome emails (the first one you get after attempting to sign up that lets you confirm your email address) to our primary email domain. As a Cisco partner this is becoming a bit of an issue for our company.

It does work when we use personal email accounts (@gmail.com, yahoo.com etc), those arrive within a couple of seconds.

They are NOT being filtered out by any mail filtering software. Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.

8 Replies 8

lpratt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kelvin,

Can you share the email domain, or message me directly and we can take a look.

Louis

I'm having the same problem here as well.  Were you ever able to get this resolved?

Thanks.

Sorry, just saw this. Yes turns out it WAS our mail filter. The incoming connection was picked up as a directory harvesting attack which weren't getting quarantined (it was configured to just dump the connection)

Still having activation issues and have validated that our ironports never receive a connection when the activation email should be sent.  Louis can I reach out to you to discuss via PM?

Thanks.

Yes

Yosse Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

We are having this issue as well. It's preventing us from adopting Spark in the enterprise. Our messaging team says they are not receiving any messages from ciscospark.com and cannot help us. Is there a support contact we can engage?

Thanks

Yosse,

Here is the link to Cisco Spark Support:

Cisco Spark | How Do I Contact Cisco Support and Send ...

I hope this helps resolve your problem.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Daniel Miller
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem. After confirming it was not a problem with an on-site email security solution (not seen on inbound packet capture) I worked with WebEx support and came across a different scenario. For me the problem had to do with an old WebEx account. It appears that my corporate e-mail had previously been used for a WebEx account that was then somehow considered to be a partially setup Cisco Spark account. The work around was to use the same e-mail to login to WebEx, and use the WebEx website to resend an activation e-mail. After completing that process I was able to login to Cisco Spark.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: