Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I install Node.js on CGR1120?

luknagy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to deploy application on CGR 1120 ( anthonyray/IoE · GitHub ), but I am struggling with installing dependencies. I was successful with transferring source code of Node.js into GOS, however I wasn't able to install it (via make, dependencies missing in Python).Should those packages by compiled directly in GOS? Or is it possible to get some dev tools in GOS (Yocto Linux), like gcc ?

Thank you for any suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lucas,

Cisco does not provide cross-compiling tools for the Yocto Linux environment. The Yocto Linux GOS we provide is a 32-bit x86 Linux with kernel 3.8 and standard libraries. Any 32-bit binary compiled on a similar Linux version should work on Yocto. Please try to compile the applications before you upload applications and libraries to CGR GOS.

Thanks,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lucas,

Cisco does not provide cross-compiling tools for the Yocto Linux environment. The Yocto Linux GOS we provide is a 32-bit x86 Linux with kernel 3.8 and standard libraries. Any 32-bit binary compiled on a similar Linux version should work on Yocto. Please try to compile the applications before you upload applications and libraries to CGR GOS.

Thanks,

Steve

chandlerheath
Level 1
Level 1

I was successful installing pre-compiled binaries from tar file in the /software volume. There was some configuration that needed to be done however once it is in place, I used npm to install everything needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: