cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do <meetingType> values change after initial creation?

mshadbol
Level 1
Level 1

Within the XML API, I'm using the <meetingType> element to manage the SessionTypes/SubTypes that a new user account has access to. The SessionType value seems to get created when the site is built and the Center is allocated (e.g. Training Center becomes available on the Site), and the SubType value seems to be created when you create a new SubType.

Do these numeric values, for Session and Sub Types, change after they are created? I'd like to know so that I can hard-code into our identity management back-end.

Thanks,

-Martin

1 Reply 1

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Meeting type index values will vary depending on site licensing restrictions and can change when making contract changes for any given site. XML API does provide a method to retrieve available meeting types programmatically, using meetingtype.LstMeetingType, which would be the best solution for keeping up to date. If using hard coding, I would suggest at least hard coding via a configuration file or page, so that meeting types can be updated more easily in the future if the site contract changes.