cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provider getTerminals returns null

razaali20
Level 1
Level 1

After creating the provider and waiting for it to be up and running, I tried calling provider.getTerminals(). But this method returns null.

When I looked at the properties of the provider, I found "canobserveanyterminal" property having 'null' value (that is it is neither true nor false, just null).

Can you please advise what user permission is required to obtain a list of terminals?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Devices added to the "Controlled Devices" section of enduser or application user configuration on CUCM admin will be reported in provider.getTerminals(). How many devices did you configure?

I would recommend using JTAPI test tool to eliminate any configuration/ application issues.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Devices added to the "Controlled Devices" section of enduser or application user configuration on CUCM admin will be reported in provider.getTerminals(). How many devices did you configure?

I would recommend using JTAPI test tool to eliminate any configuration/ application issues.

Thanks Mohan. My Administrator created another user for JTAPI and I added devices to it which returned successfully via getTerminals.

The other user I was using earlier never showed the "Device Information" section for some reason. I assumed it was able to access all devices as the Roles and Groups clearly showed "control all devices".

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Hello guys,

I added terminals to "Device Information". After calling provider.getTerminals() I get list of configured devices but sometimes I get null and then again I can get terminals and then I can get only one terminal. Of what does it depend on?

For example:

- I write simple program where I connect to CUCM by ip and user.

- I call provider.getTerminals()

- Print list of terminals(sometimes it is null)

- Call provider.shootdown()

Starting this application from console gives me different results.

Please, help. I can't find information in the documentation and internet why list of terminals disappears.

Are you waiting for provider to get into in-service state before calling provider.getTerminals()?

Refer to makecall or jtrace sample app code on how to wait for provider to get to in-service state.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: