Views
Helpful
Replies

Start with GED-145

ImanLR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to develop an app that gets data and edit in ICM , through application gateway using GED-145 protocol, but i didn't find in the website a documnt that really explain how to reach for example campaign, skillgroup etc .

So i'm lost , and i need to have a tiny example or clear explanation or a link to start the work i'll be very thankful.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

hemajosh
Level 4
Level 4

The Enterprise Application Gateway protocol (GED-145) provides a mechanism for Intelligent Contact Manager (ICM) or Contact Center Enterprise (CCE) the ability to communiate with an external application using a simple request/response mechanism.

Application Gateway requests are managed from within the ICM/CCE routing script. The call router, under control of the script editor, will be able to make queries of a host, and base subsequent routing decisions on the results obtained.

This could include:

1) Controlling where and how the call is routed.

2) Passing arbitrary data to the site receiving the call (via translation routing).
The Enterprise Application Gateway interface is a TCP/IP socket based protocol.

The complete details are shared in the below link:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/ent-app-gateway/documentation/index.gsp

Let me know if this answered your query

Regards
Hemant

mgiberso
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Advanced Services has a set of pre-built software integration packages which can be used to integrate external applications -- rather than using the GED-145 APG TCP/IP socket based protocol / message set.

Standard interfaces include ODBC (GatewayODBC), Web/XML (GatewayXML), WebSphere MQ (GatewayMQ), as well as a COM-based API/SDK (GatewayCOM).

These packages are a cost effective option in order to reduce development time and accelerate time to market.

It might be beneficial to review the Advanced Services offerings before building your own Application Gateway.

Furthermore, the aforementioned purchasable components from Cisco Advanced Services (Connected Experiences) -- GatewayHost family of solutions (ODBC, XML, MQ, COM, etc.) -- can be reached via custom-application-request@cisco.com.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: