cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sizing Guide for NGFW

mohitjuneja
Level 4
Level 4

What information need to be collected from the Customer, in order to furnish appropriate Cisco ASA with firepower solution?

In general, what points to be gathered from customer, while selecting ideal firewall model meeting customer's need?

Is there any Sizing Guide available?

5 Replies 5

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Mohit,

I found this resource that may help you with your question.

Compare Models - Cisco

Please post back to this thread if you need additional information.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Dear Kelli,

If I am given number of users for a particular site, then in that case how I am gonna do the sizing?

Thanks

Hi Mohit,

The resource that Kelli listed is the best place to identify the performance and specifications for our ASA firewall models. There are a number of factors that can affect a customer's sizing needs. Are you already working with your Cisco rep?

Thanks,

Brian

Dear Brian,

Thanks for responding!

Consider me new in pre sales, now I am given task to propose a correct firewall ASA model to my customer, what info should I gather from the customer?

Like number of users?, Firewall features going to be used? Internet throughput at the site?

I believe these questions are asked?

Correct me, if I am wrong or add if some other info needs to to gathered too from the customer?

Thanks

The generic high level information required are the use-cases.

a. Is it for users at branches to access internet

b. Is it planned as VPN for secure remote access

c. Is it proposed as Datacenter Internal/External Firewall

d. Does this needs centralized Mgmt.

e. Whats the expected licenses/features like URL, IPS & AMP required

f. What are the bandwidth required to enable these features in next 3 years (or 5 years)

g. Does it require IPSec bandwidth restrictions

h. Is it going to be placed in on premise DC or in cloud (AWS/Azure)

i. What would be the concurrent user connections expected per second

These are information mandate to size the box that impacts commercially. The other details helps to define/document the features exists as part of the deployment scenario.

Hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card