cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC Sandboxes and API

adam.burns1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting started with both the Python SDK and acitoolkit for the ACIP. Using the Sandboxes I get an "Action not found" HTML response instead of JSON when trying to login. I've combed through both codebases and they're submitting credentials to /api/aaaLogin.json like the API docs say they should. I get the same behavior using curl instead of the Python libs. Ultimately getting that HTML response breaks the SDK and toolkit because they're trying to parse the response with a JSON library.

This happens with the always-on sandbox and with a reserved one. In both cases I can log in to the APIC via the web console, it's only API logins that fail.

I've turned off SSL cert verification (since the certs are self-signed) and confirmed that my Python install isn't using the deprecated SSL and TLS versions (3.0 and 1.0 I think). This happens even if you run the toolkit inside the docker image supplied with the project.

Any ideas what's wrong here? I read on one of the Sandbox pages that the unit was running a beta release of the software, but I don't see a way to select a Sandbox with a stable release nor do I see a compatibility guide for the libraries.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For now, you can play with APIC-DC (a.k.a. ACI) on dCloud.cisco.com.  Create an account and then schedule a session with one of the demos under Application Centric Infrastructure.

Dave

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dgeistke@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Curious... Are you trying to access the APIC-EM or the APIC for ACI?

Thanks!

Good question - I'm using the APIC-EM, which are the only sandboxes I see if I search for "APIC". When I was first looking through the Sandboxes I wondered if the EM meant a different product, but I did some reading and I thought it was just an enhancement to the base APIC. Did I get the product lines mixed up?

Maybe you are looking for this?

https://developer.cisco.com/site/apic-dc/

That's the page I've been working from. Specifically what in there do you think answers the question?

APIC-EM (Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module).

Looks like you are working on Data Center. APIC-DC lab is not on Sandbox yet.

For now, you can play with APIC-DC (a.k.a. ACI) on dCloud.cisco.com.  Create an account and then schedule a session with one of the demos under Application Centric Infrastructure.

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: