Views
Helpful
Replies

Got stuck while doing vCenter configuration for APIC-EM EFT2

sagar.varpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to do setup of APIC-EM EFT2. This version requires a VMWare VCenter configuration.I have installed vCenter and while doing host configuration we are getting following error.

I have attached screenshot below. Thanks in Advance.

Untitled.jpg

4 Replies 4

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sagar,

Which version of APIC-EM are you using? if its Version 0.7.1.3 Can you try with  Hypervisor—VMware vSphere versions 5.1 or higher.You access the console using any of the root VM IP addresses that you entered . Can you try http://root-vm-IP-address:14141. and let us know the result.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi Greevarghese,

Thank you for your quick response. I am using APIC-EM version apic-em-root-CA-1822-0.1.0.510 . I have just load VM but haven't done any configuration for it. And while doing configuration it has mandatory vCenter host details. As we are stuck while doing installation onf vCenter. So we can not complete APIC-EM configuration setup yet, The URL you are saying, will it with out completing APIC-EM configutation?

Hi Sagar,

I haven't tried the  apic-em-root-CA-1822-0.1.0.510 . version. what I understand is that once you set the vCenter Account Permissions then only you will be  able to  deploy the .ova file which you have downloaded. I think APIC-EM is being deployed from a single OVA file and during the deployment multiple VMs on multiple hosts need to be created and hence must be done from within vCenter.so Deploying APIC-EM  from OVA using a vSphere client will fail. hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Geevarghese

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely is your network issue. Make sure the external network IP address you used can communicate with you vCenter.

Which document you followed to do the configuration ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community