Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Web Communicator for Mozilla Firefox

annamalaia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I have developed a simple application to make a Call from browser with "Cisco Web Communicator for Chrome" and windows "Cisco Web Communicator add on". Both the versions are 3.1.0.363. Now i need to test same application with all browsers, especially Mozilla Firefox. When i searched for the "Cisco Web Communicator Plugin / Addon" in Mozilla store, it says the "Cisco Web Communicator < 3.0.6 (windows) has been blocked for your protection" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/blocked/p594.

I have also tried with installing the add-on for Firefox with the Firefox Nightly Version 31.0a1 with out any updates from this blog reference https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=980133. But it doesn't helped me to use the cwic plugin as in Chrome. Shall you help me to handle this type of need?

Waiting for your support & reply at the earliest. Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Annamalai,

Can you download the browser add-on from this page?

Cisco Systems

Thanks,

Adrienne

Hi Adrienne,

Even after installing the Browser add-on for windows, i have the same issue. Blocked Add-ons :: Add-ons for Firefox says that the Firefox users having Cisco Web Communicator version lower than 3.0.6 has the issue with it, as its blocked. But even, with the latest version of Cisco Web Communicator, it says, 'PLUGIN NOT AVAILABLE' in Firefox. Shall Cisco removes the block for this add-on or suggests a solution for it?

A few suggestions:

- Remove any Cisco plugins from Firefox

- Remove any Cisco Jabber related software from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs

- Restart Windows

- Re-install the Cisco Jabber plugin, i.e. from here Downloads and Docs - Cisco Developer Community

If you are still having problems, pls let us know the OS version, Firefox version and Cisco plugin versions involved, and attach a screenshot of the error message

Hi dstaudt,

I have done all the things as suggested. However, i am getting the following error, while cwic registering.

Error Message :

Arguments { 0: Object, 2 more… } cwic.js:727:83

console.trace(): cwic.js:511

Exception occured in _cwic_onPluginLoaded() b.api is undefined in cwic.js:511:117

[cwic] 28/08/2015 16:49:17.364 Plugin not available

Object { details: Array[1], code: 1, message: "Plugin not available" }

phone error:

Object { details: Array[1], code: 1, message: "Plugin not available" }

[cwic] 28/08/2015 16:49:17.364 shutdown

Arguments { , 2 more… }

[cwic] 28/08/2015 16:49:17.365 unregisterPhone

Arguments { , 2 more… }

[cwic] 28/08/2015 16:49:17.366 _sendClientRequest no plugin available

My environmental set-up is as follows :

OS version : Windows 8.1 Pro - 32 bit

Firefox Version : 40.0

Cisco Plugin Version : 3.1.2.394

Firefox add-on screen.jpg

Shall you compare it and guide me to resolve this issue.

I am also facing the same problem " Object { details=[1], code=1, message="Plugin not available"}"
I have tried all the solution suggested by you as

- Remove any Cisco Jabber related software from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs

- Restart Windows

- Re-install the Cisco Jabber plugin, i.e. from here Downloads and Docs - Cisco Developer Community

Could you / someone help me out this ASAP?

I am also facing the same problem " Object { details=[1], code=1, message="Plugin not available"}"
I have tried all the solution suggested by you as

- Restart Windows

Could you / someone help me out this ASAP?

Edwin Vos
Level 4
Level 4

I also have this issue on most of our machines. Only two machines are working, one is windows 7 64bit and the other is MacOS version 10.X. So far we have been unable to identify why the Cisco Web Communicator is working on 2 devices (even not the same OS) and not on any other device.

Does someone have an update on this one?

We are now starting to look at Cisco Spark video and call REST/API, but that one is only just announced and not openly available yet. We have applied for the Beta testing.

Thanks,

Edwin Vos

If this issue is still occurring with the latest v11.7 version of the SDK and plugin (please ensure testing with 11.7 of each), please go ahead and open a ticket with DevNet Developer Support and our engineers will take a look at the detailed logs and troubleshoot with you directly: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: