cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does dmarc work in ironport ESA?

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

How do you configure DMARC in the Ironport Email Security Appliance?  I have it on but according to other sites it seems more complicated then 'flipping a switch'.  I mean sites say you should have a TXT dns record, and then there are also third parties like dmarcian.com to "subscribe to".

Also most say there is an email address for "reports".  Is this something I would have to create in Exchange, or is this something the IronPort would handle if I enter a fake email address in the DMARC policy and then put that same address in a DNS TXT record.  Would IronPort get these dmarc reports and process them internally without end user intervention?

Following this wizzard here to create a DMARC TXT DNS record: https://www.unlocktheinbox.com/dmarcwizard/  What would I put for Aggrigate Email RUA or Forensic Email RUF?  What about report format?  Is it required to subscribe to a third party thing?

2 Replies 2

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Keith,

I recommend you also post this to the Cisco Support Community for additional information and feedback.

Cisco Support Community

Hope this helps.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Thank you I found my way and posted there.  This site can be very confusing.  I wish it was unified.