cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FYI on transfer status codes

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are not much used but they are another thing on which the developer guide is wrong, page 5-13.

First of all the codes format is ls_xxx, not ts_xxx

Then, their meaning is not exactly as the manual says. From what I observed a typical sequence for a SIP REFER transfer is as follows:

Jun  4 19:29:02.175: //1969//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ev_suspend_ack

Jun  4 19:29:02.191: //1969//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ev_transfer_status status ls_000

Jun  4 19:29:02.195: //1969//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ev_transfer_status status ls_001

Jun  4 19:29:02.199: //1969//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ev_transfer_status status ls_002

Jun  4 19:29:08.810: //1969//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: ev_setup_done status ls_041

The first event (undocumented) is the remote OK to the GW request to suspend RTP

ls_000 is transfer initiated (SIP 202 and NOTIFY 100 trying messages) in response to REFER.

ls_001 is OK sent to NOTIFY, ls_002 is ringing SIP message.

Finally when the transferred call is answered, the setup done status indicates success above.

I have observed that a transfer failure for no answer returns a generic code of ls_054.

3 Replies 3

Raghavendra G V
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Status codes are in correct format please refer leg transferdone command in the programming guide

This command indicates the status of the call transfer on a call-leg and, depending on the status, may send a disconnect or facility message to the call leg.
Syntax
leg transferdone {legID | info-tag} transferStatusCode
Arguments
ā€¢ legIDā€”The ID of the call-leg
ā€¢ transferStatusCodeā€”Success/Failure. See Transfer Status, page 5-13, for a list of possible values.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Thanks for the explaination, but the documentation also says otherwise, page 5-4:

ev_transfer_status An intermediate event generated by the leg setup command. If specified in the callinfo parameter, notifyEvents, the script receives an ev_trasfer_status message. The ev_status (sic) information tag would then contain the status value of the call transfer.

So it seems there are two sets of transfer status messages, one that is reported from the script, and one that is reported to the script. I don't think I was wrong in saying that the latter ones are not covered correctly in the documentation:

Transfer Status

Transfer status is reported in ts_xxx format:

Note it says "is reported", implying "to the script", just as in all other status codes from [infotag get evt_status].

I understand your confusion, ts_xxx  codes are used to pass to leg transferdone  command and transfer status codes are received with ls_xxx  when leg setup command is used.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: