Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening up a web ex meeting/session inside of an iframe

bsheriff1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am integrating web ex into my application using the web ex XML api.  I make a call to create the meeting, get the 'meetingKey' from that response, then proceed to make another call to get the hostMeetingUrl using that meeting key.  Once I have the host url I want to make it the 'src' of an iframe, but it does not seem to be working, it just opens up another page instead of putting the web ex content inside of the iframe.  Can anyone be of assistance in this matter.  Am I able to open up a web ex meeting inside of an iframe?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The WebEx page is designed to actively escape frames/iframes to take control of the window object. For sites that exclusively use API for scheduling and joining, it is possible to add a site redirect to the WebEx page that will force visitors back to your portal, if your intention is to keep host from using the WebEx page directly. Your WebEx account manager can help add the site redirect, if desired.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: