cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to start?

sejohnson
Level 1
Level 1

We are bringing in a brand new multidomain UCS implementation with both central and director. Our planning session with our VAR was useless. Where do we start our planing? Without Director it would be obvious to start with  best practices for Central.  Should we still start this way and then layer on Director or should we start with documentation for Director best practices?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

snoopj123
Level 4
Level 4

Having gone through this myself, I can say that you get put both in at the same time, but if you plan on doing much with bare metal services through UCS Director, make sure you have your Central deployment finished first.  I kept having to go back and forth between the tools to ensure things were working correctly.

--j

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

snoopj123
Level 4
Level 4

Having gone through this myself, I can say that you get put both in at the same time, but if you plan on doing much with bare metal services through UCS Director, make sure you have your Central deployment finished first.  I kept having to go back and forth between the tools to ensure things were working correctly.

--j

Jon is exactly right...better to complete your your UCS-UCS Central Implementation, since Greenfield, shoot for 100% Global through Central, and then layer-on UCS Director.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card