Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 android compatibility issue

cshiyou
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

we are trying to install Cisco Jabber Guest  android app to DX80.

but, when use DX80 built-in google play to install the app, we found a notification "app is not compatible with the device"

Dx80 is android 4.1.1. but, according to JG developer guide, JG android SDK support from Android 4.0.3 (API Level 15) or later.

do you have any idea?

by the way, i just compiled the SDK and deployed the SDK sample APK to DX80. but, it looks like DX80 CPU is very weak.

after i activated SDK app video call, the DX80 CPU utilization jumped up to 90%.

Your

Alan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fischerd
Level 1
Level 1

You are correct that the Jabber Guest application does not install on the DX80. It is currently a blocked device in the play store. There is a known issue related to devices that do not have both a front and rear facing camera and their ability to display the self view. Since the DX80 does not have a front and rear camera available, that has made the DX80 unsupported at this time. This issue may be fixed in a future release.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

fischerd
Level 1
Level 1

You are correct that the Jabber Guest application does not install on the DX80. It is currently a blocked device in the play store. There is a known issue related to devices that do not have both a front and rear facing camera and their ability to display the self view. Since the DX80 does not have a front and rear camera available, that has made the DX80 unsupported at this time. This issue may be fixed in a future release.

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alan,

If your interested in testing the fix for the camera issue Donna mentioned on the DX-80, and to see if the Cisco Jabber Guest App causes high CPU spikes, please reach out to me at cmcalpin@cisco.com and we can get you a test build of Jabber Guest for Android to load on you DX-80.

All the best,

-Christopher

hi Christopher,

it is really appreciated of your reply.

acctually, we downloaded the JG Android Source code from Devnet, and installed the compiled apk on DX80.

and found the 96% CPU utilization problem.

if you can send us a test build apk, that would be wonderful.

please send it to us. we validate JG on DX80 next week.

and update you guys.

by the way, are you part of JG developing team?

yours

Alan

Hi Alan,

Can’t recall if you were still seeing the 96% CPU utilization problem issue with Jabber Guest on the DX-80?

Also wanted to update you. We released Jabber Guest 10.6 for Android to the Google Play Store on September 9th.

While we don’t officially support or list the DX devices as supported in the release notes, we did remove the restriction from the Google Play Store so that DX devices can now see and download the Jabber Guest app from Google Play. So you should be able to download the app from Google Play for demo purposes!

The reason we had previously restricted these devices from seeing the app in Google Play was because of an issue where we would not display the self-view because these devices only had a front facing camera. We have resolved this issue in the most recent release.

The only other known issue at this time is related to the environment setup. If the environment contains firewalls and Expressway/VCS’s, calls should work fine.

If the environment is just a minimal Jabber Guest server with no firewall and no Expressway/VCS’s, then the calls won’t work. An error that says, “Call Not Completed: The link resulted in a server error” will be displayed. This is because when we connect to a server without ICE support, we are not able to get the device IP address.

All the best,

-Christopher

-Can we install Skype for business on DX80 android syatem

To the extent that Google Play thinks the Skype app and the DX80 have compatible features/requirements, it would theoretically work; however, not aware of any testing or official support from Cisco re non-Cisco apps like Skype on the device.  Mileage may vary...

Hi,

I installed Skype of Business (6.3.0.2) from Play Store on DX80 running Android 4.1.1 and it crashed at start up.

If anyone know how to overcome that issue please advise.

Thanks in advise.

Trung

I get an error trying to install Skype for Business on the DX80

Skype for business crashes for me too. The app starts, the screen rotates 90 degrees, then the app crashes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: