Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto login on intranet with LDAP account

Murat Demirel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team,

When we integrate Jabber Voice and Video SDK with an enterprise intranet web site and the user is already logged in to this web site with the LDAP user, is it possible to use this login information to authenticate to Jabber SDK as well, in order to prevent the users to enter their username/passwords multiple times?

Thanks and regards,

Murat

4 Replies 4

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it's possible.  How to do it is another question altogether.  I was working on that some time ago, but it got put on the back burner. 

The key is avoiding a cross-site-scripting problem, which means enabling CORS on all the relevant servers and setting up the CORS URLs in CUCM. 

Hi Nicholas,

So, I assume that if the web site which uses Jabber SDK resides in the same domain with CUCM, then we will not face cross-site-scripting problem, so we will not need CORS.

If so, how can we implement auto-login?

Thanks and regards,

Murat

Hi Murat,

The official word is that it's unsupported.  I will continue to try to make it work in a sample application.  If I ever discover how to get it working, I'll post sample code here.  But even if I can, it won't be anytime soon. 

Thank you very much Nicholas for your support.

Regards,

Murat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: