Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM Controller connection

fpdkikken
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently working in the APIC EM EFT2 - MiniLab 4 Sandbox, but can't connect to the controller vminstance.

The switches and Linuxhosts can't access the controller either.

anyone any ideas?

Thx in advance!

Francois

7 Replies 7

ecorban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi

You do not seem to have an active reservation for APIC-EM MiniLab4. Your recent reservation has expired a day ago. Hence this could be the reason you can no longer access the lab. please reserve the lab again and let us know if you are still seeing an issue.

Regards

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

The problem I have described was during the reservation the day before yesterday. During this day I also had reserved another APIC-EM lab, which was experiencing the same connectionproblem. When looking to the CloudShell Reservation Notification E-mail I noticed that the VMRequest didn’t received an IP-address (see below).

Path

Name

Address

Shared

Status

gwy-resources/VM Requests/VMRequest11

VMRequest11

NA

No

Available

Kind regards,

Francois Kikken

Graduate Intern

ICTS Netwerken

francois.kikken@maastrichtuniversity.nl <mailto:francois.kikken@maastrichtuniversity.nl>

www.maastrichtuniversity.nl <http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/>

Grote Looierstraat 17, 6211 JH Maastricht

P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands

M +31 655 689 801

Disclaimer<http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/show/id=6568779/langid=42>

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.

EricUlevik
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem with APIC EM EFT 2 Minilab 1.

I connected to the VPN OK. I can ssh to the network host and routers without any problems.

But what is the address of the APIC EM? Similarly, I don't see any IP address for VMRequest in my email.

hi

there is no active reservation on the system. In general, when you reserve an lab and the lab is provisioned, the ip address of the apic-em server is in main topology page of your active reservation under the vm instance information.

reserve the lab again and see if you have issue.

tplambeck
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue with APIC EM EFT 2 Minilab 1.

VPN, Lab Network Environment access is fine, but no access to the APIC-EM. I tried the 10.10.0.133 address outlined in the "sandbox walkthrough" on ports 80, 8080, and 443 with no success. The email indicates VMRequest35 is "Available". Is the address correct?

gwy-resources/VM Requests/VMRequest35

VMRequest35

NA

No

Available

hi

if you still have an active reservation, then the ip address of the APIC-EM controller is listed in the topology screen in the  right hand corner. the ip address is 10.10.10.118. please see screenshot below.

Screenshot 2015-09-02 21.33.15.png

Got it. thanks