cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS to CUCM Day

pdeppers
Level 1
Level 1

If it is Tuesday, it must be VCS to CUCM day!  Hello everyone, my name is Paul Depperschmidt.  I am Manager of Business Development in the Collaboration Business Unit.  A particular specialty in my efforts is helping everyone understand the possibilities when moving customers from VCS to CUCM.  It is not simply a rip and replace proposition.

We will typically see 3 types of customers in this situation - and we have some answers for all three......

Customers who are ready to move everything from VCS to UCM - a migration discussion

We have programs ready to offer the replacement of VCS based licenses to the equivalent CUCM license at no       charge

Customers who have a VCS Video system and are not ready to fully move to CUCM

We have a Collab Now program that allows them to purchase the VCS Hardware to VCS Virtual migration license at       95% off when purchased with a BE6K.  This provides a system that functionally works exactly like the one they have,        but also offers the ability to sell them DX video products and Jabber by trunking in the CUCM based systems to VCS

Customers who may have a small amount of H.323 based video endpoints, but no Call Manager

We have a VCS gateway program that offers basic VCS components for only $500 when purchased with a Personal license starter pack such as CUWL or CUWL Pro.

Please take a look at our section in Drive to Collab for specifics on all of these offers.  Cisco Systems

We are happy to help with any questions you may have.  Happy VCS-UCM day!

10 Replies 10

mesut ozcan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Paul,

Sorry for latency but unfortunatelly i saw your topic today.

There is an existing CUCM (v10.5) enviroment and i need to migrate VCS-C registered TP endpoints (EX, SX, C series) to the CUCM Cluster.

Could i also migrate VCS-C licenses, like registration license, to CUCM Cluster?

I need some TP Room licenses on CUCM and i have lots of registration licenses on VCS-C.

Is it possible to convert VCS-C registration licenses to CUCM TP Room license?

Thank you indeed.

Best Regards,

Mesut

You can migrate the endpoint do registered to vcs and get CUCM TP room licenses at no cost assuming those end points need it. You only pay for swss.

You can also migrate vcs e traversal to expressway rms licenses at no cost plus swss

Thanks

Srini

Thanks for jumping in Srinivasan!  As you can see that presentation is now a little dated.  Particularly when it comes to the Multi-Point discussion.  But the VCS-CUCM is all still valid.  The major thing to know is all of those programs have been continued through FY16.

As we move forward the most up to date information will be found on the Refresh Collab website http://refreshcollab.cisco.com

Please let me know if there are further questions.

Srini/Paul,

Is there any public facing site for all this or it is still internal/restrictive?

thanks

The site does require a Cisco ID.  I think my PC is used to seeing the WebPortal part.  It should probably be deleted from the URL and things might work more smoothly. 

Mesut,

We did not set up a move for VCS-C licenses.  The primary reason is that CUCM handles the management process with different types of licenses.  Primarily the personal licenses such as UCL/CUWL/CUWL Pro.  As we are providing those licenses with the other migration promotions, there is no need to move the VCS-C licenses.

Paul,

It is not clear on my site.

I just need to clearify what i need to operate TP Rooms on CUCM, which are registered VCS-C before?

Could you please make licensing site clear for me?

I guess i only need to purchase one migration license for each TP rooms wiht "0" cost and SWSS contract with some cost. Am i correct?

Regards,

Mesut

As you are aware VCS licenses based on calls/sessions based on traversal or non traversal. CUCM uses endpoint registration license and so what Cisco is doing is giving that TP room license at no cost to register that endpoint to UCM but you pay for SWSS

If you see that slide 41 onwards even though the rest of the deck is outdated it shows how the migration works.

Mesut,

For a TelePresence Room endpoint registered to VCS, the top level SKU would be R-UCL-UCM-MIG-K9  - the License SKU would be MIG-VCS-UCM-TPR.  These are offered at $0 migration through Fiscal 16.  They will require that SWSS be purchased.

CON-ECMU-LICTP1RO (10.x)   for CUCM 10.x

CON-ECMU-LICTP9X (9.x)  for CUCM 9.x

This document may help -

communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-55043