Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and Shared Line Appearance SIP Registrations

michael.d.towle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm working on testing Cisco phones with CUCM version 10.5 and Shared Line Appearance.  If a phone has a primary and a shared line configured, it will send a SIP registration for the primary line only, not the shared line.  When the phone is directly registered to CUCM, this works fine since CUCM sends the shared line number in the phone's config file, so both the phone and CUCM know about it.  If I place a third-party SIP-aware device between the phone and CUCM, calls to the shared line fail because the phone never registers its shared line, so the third-party device doesn't know about it.

Looking at a doc I found online (https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/4c887e42-c584-4517-ba0a-37487a1b6720) in the Multiple Bindings for the Same AOR section, it states the following:

"if three devices are configured to have a shared line at 321-1000, each will register a contact in the form of 3211000@ip:port for that line."

I haven't found that to be the case.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of a setting in CUCM to get the phones to register their shared lines, or if there's a known bug on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: