Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber web client URI retrieval

jbenitol
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

Working on a project to integrate jabber guest on an existing iPhone/Android app for users to set up calls towards a jabber web embedded soft-phone. I would appreciate your help in identifying the way to retrieve the URI of the jabber web client developed with Jabber SDK.

The way the mobile app currently works is: mobile app users launches their mobile app to register a new incident towards a central dispatcher. This dispatcher assigns the incident to an operator based on some criteria (geography, availability, etc…).This operator uses a java based web app to handle incidents.

I was thinking of something like:

1. Use the jabber SDK to embed as a frame/widget in the existing operator's interface a jabber client registered to a CUCM.

2. Use jabber guest iOS/android SDK to embed jabber guest on the existing mobile app.

3. When a mobile user registers a new incident through the mobile app, it gets assigned to an operator, and the operator may choose to start a video call

• At this point, the operator should be able to trigger on the mobile app the initiation of a call using the Jabber Guest API (something like "initWithServerName"?). To achieve this we should provide jabber guest with the name of the server (I understand jabber guest server or expressway-E name) "serverName" and identifier of the operator "toURI". To then start the call itself (startCall).

4. Using Expressways, jabber guest server and CUCM the call gets routed to the operator who picks up the call through its jabber client embedded on its browser.

I am assuming that the jabber SDK on the web soft phone used by the operator can provide a method to retrieve its URI? I could not find such method. If Jabber SDK cannot do this, would there be another way for the operators web app to get this URI information?

Thanks for your help

Nacho.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: