Views
Helpful
Replies

Address is restricted

gorbunov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a problem on CUCM 7.1.5 with EM authorization.

Case:

1. User logon on phone A with address B.
  2. JTAPI application starts and successfully adds observers on phone A and address B. Application receive events.
  3. User logoff from phone A.
  4. User logon on phone A with address B.
  5. JTAPI application (the same provider) tries to add observer on address B and receives exception "Address is restricted".

As result of logoff\logon operation JTAPI application will never succeed with adding observer to address B.

getRestrictedTerminals method on address B returns null.

This case is reproducible with JTAPI Test Tools 7.1.3.

May be i run in misconfiguration?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

i think End of life is announced for CUCM 7.1.5.  Since a lot of bug fixes went in I would recommend upgrading.

I would check the following config:

1. 'Allow Control of Device from CTI' is checked on phone A. All lines on phone A have 'Allow Control of Device from CTI'  checked/selected.

2. 'Allow Control of Device from CTI' is checked for the end user doing EM login on the phone.

3. All lines configured in the device profile assigned to the user has 'Allow Control of Device from CTI' checked.

Restart the app after making changes and if the issue is NOT resolved, can you collect JTAPI logs and attach it to the case?

There is a JTAPI Test Tool log files. Case remains the same.

When user is EM logged into the device the address on the device is 171500. I see application adding call observer on this address. When user EM log out from SEP00270E139B97, the address on the device changes to 171111. Address 171500 no longer exists and application should use the new address 171111. When address is removed Cisco JTAPI will deliver CiscoAddrRemovedEv and CiscoAddrCreatedEv when an address is added to Provider Observer. I don't see any observer on the provider in this log. I would suggest adding on observer on the provider, and remove any references in application code for addresses that are removed and add call observer on the addresses that are created. HTH

Thank you very much, Mohan. Adding provider observer helps (in case of using JTAPI Test Tool). But i do not understand, what exactly happens in case of "address is restricted" exception? This happens if application has not removed observer from EM address? Or this happens if application do not observe provider?

"Address is restricted" exception is typically seen when 'Allow Control of Device from CTI'  is not selected on the line. This needs to be done for the line in device profile as well. Can you check the configuration of the line in device profile for the EM login to see if this check box is selected?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: