cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen Pop gadget only works if the focus is on the Screen Pop tab

Komal Tagdiwala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just got started with Finesse customization and added a "ScreenPop" gadget from the one of the Cisco-provided gadgets. After successful configuration and installation of the gadget, I found that the screen pop only displays if the agent's focus is on the Screen Pop tab. If the agent's focus is on any other tab (Home tab, for example) when the call arrives, the Screen Pop gadget does not display the underlying web page/data.

Has anybody come across this problem? Is this a known bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct. The Screen Pop sample does show an example of outgoing and incoming calls.

I was able to make it work, in this scenario...

1. I have a ScreenPop gadget on the Home tab.

2. I navigate to a different tab.

3. A call arrives, I go back to the Home tab, and there is no ScreenPop.

4. I navigate to a different tab, and click Answer Call.

5. I then navigate back to the Home tab, and the ScreenPop displays my website.

The ScreenPop is actually just rendered in an IFRAME. It does not 'pop' out as a second window. I will be show on the tab where the ScreenPop gadget is installed.

Let me know if I'm understanding you correctly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

The ScreenPop is designed to demonstrate a ScreenPop when a call is made, not when a call is received.

You may need to review the how to setup the handler to work when a call is received, and the user is in a different tab.

I was able to reproduce a call made from a different tab, than the one that contains the ScreenPop. And, the website was loaded into the gadget.

Thanks for the prompt response. However, I don’t believe that Screen Pop is only intended for outbound calls. In fact, the screen pops are very valuable to an agent when a customer calls in so that the agent can quickly view customer information from other integrated systems based on the customer data retrieved from the call variables.

Regarding your comment “You may need to review the how to setup the handler to work when a call is received, and the user is in a different tab”, can you please point me to the right documentation that describes this specific setup? I was looking at the Finesse Developer guide and the Screen Pop Read Me file, but couldn’t locate that information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Komal

You are correct. The Screen Pop sample does show an example of outgoing and incoming calls.

I was able to make it work, in this scenario...

1. I have a ScreenPop gadget on the Home tab.

2. I navigate to a different tab.

3. A call arrives, I go back to the Home tab, and there is no ScreenPop.

4. I navigate to a different tab, and click Answer Call.

5. I then navigate back to the Home tab, and the ScreenPop displays my website.

The ScreenPop is actually just rendered in an IFRAME. It does not 'pop' out as a second window. I will be show on the tab where the ScreenPop gadget is installed.

Let me know if I'm understanding you correctly.