Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Request API's

Malik Ehtasham
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,
I have started working on Agent Request API's. But i am still confuse what is this. I have studied few books and watch videos, but still i didn't get the exact idea.
Are they part of social minor, or can we use them independently, i come across with call back example , and they used the term agent request APIs,but they didn't tell, how they use.
Are these API's just like other API's, for example we have agent API's in finesse, which are just Rest services and we can easily use them where ever we want. Can we use Agent Request API's in a similar fashion as well ? , Is there any documentation available for that. 

What I intended to do?
I have media, can be any thing (SMS,emails,chat ) etc, and i want to route this on CCE agent, just like agent receive calls. The agent should be reserve and somehow i can get the Agent ID  and which is reserved by CCE so that i can send my media to that agent.I have heard i can do this on agent request API's. So that's why i have started work on it.

Any help is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Agent Request API also called the Callback API is used specifically to request a callback from an Agent. This cannot be used for generic task (any media) allocation to agents like you intend to do.

Incidentally, we plan to have such a generic task routing set of APIs in a future release of SocialMiner/CCE

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

One thing to remember is you can only access information for the logged in user. So, if you are logged in as say, agent A, you cannot access agent B info.

Thanks for your reply. but can i get the agent id  on which CUCM is going to send a call? is there any possibility of that..

The Agent Request API also called the Callback API is used specifically to request a callback from an Agent. This cannot be used for generic task (any media) allocation to agents like you intend to do.

Incidentally, we plan to have such a generic task routing set of APIs in a future release of SocialMiner/CCE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: