Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber API to push IM/Text from server to endpoint

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

We want to push text from server to all Cisco Jabber client. Is there any API available for this?

Cisco Jabber SDK is best for point to point IM not for IM push from server side.

Regards,

Umesh

4 Replies 4

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you talking about using the Javascript SDK (CAXL)?  If so, you could simply create a master user with a contact list that includes everyone, and then iterate through the entity set and send the message to all the contacts in that set.  There's no "send to all people registered on the server" API that I know of.  I'm not sure that's even a capability in the XMPP specification, although I'd have to check to be sure.

Edited to add:  No, I don't see any XMPP specification for sending a message to all contacts.

Hi Nicholas Petreley

i have similar requirement. can you please give some more details on your example...

beerygaz
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for the same.  A way to write a console application that interacts with Jabber users.  All I can see is AJAX JavaScript which is a web application.  Can I use some of the open source legacy Jabber projects? 

Alexey Smirnov
Level 4
Level 4

If you are familiar with python you can use simple module like slixmpp mathieui/slixmpp · GitHub (it works with IM&Presence)

And as Nicolas suggested you can have a user with a contact-list containing all your users and send messages to all of them inside a script. Another option is to have a MUC (chat room) and to send announces through it (maybe with the help of this same slixmpp).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: