cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access Collaboration 10.5 network via 881W VPN

hwhittle_vtx
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using a Cisco 881W router with a Cisco-supplied config to make an Easy VPN connection to the sandbox (a Collaboration 10.5 lab in rave08).  Everything has been working fine for the last two days, until a couple of hours ago when I lost access to the sandbox network (e.g. CUCM on 10.10.20.1 fails to respond to ping and HTTP, Windows DNS Server on 10.10.20.100 fail to respond to ping and DNS).  I can access CUCM via https://devnetsandboxlabs.cisco.com/rave08, so the instance itself seems healthy.

As far as I can tell there have been no local changes which would have affected this, and the lab has 1d18h left to run.  The 881W's VPN light is illuminated and tracert 10.10.20.1 gets as far as 192.168.200.254 before timing out.

I'm wondering whether the VPN group, key etc. are wrong, but the fact that it has worked for two days would suggest not.  Is there a definitive reference for what these should be for a given lab / rave?  Are there any current issues which might explain what I'm seeing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hugo,

Looking at the configuration on the router, you are connected to the incorrect group.

crypto ipsec client ezvpn TRAFFIC

connect auto

ctcp

group FREEABCGROUP19

Please run the following:

conf t

crypto ipsec client ezvpn

group FREEABCGROUP8 key FREEABCGROUP8

end

wr

clear cry isa

Joe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hugo,

Looking at the configuration on the router, you are connected to the incorrect group.

connect auto

ctcp

group FREEABCGROUP19

Please run the following:

conf t

group FREEABCGROUP8 key FREEABCGROUP8

end

wr

clear cry isa

Joe

Thanks Joe, that's done the trick.  For completeness, I had to change:

to

Strange that it worked fine for days though, no?

For future reference, do the numeric suffixes on the group and key always correspond to the rave number on the URL?

toddspc
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir could you please send me your config without username/ password info.   I also have this  router with poe module and 48 volt power supply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: