Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI to control recording for legal compliancy

kadala001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm investigating how we could leverage in my company the JTAPI to drive the recording to follow a schedule which would be stored in an external database.

I've read that a recording configuration is available for "Application-controlled recording", but I'm not really clear on how to host such application and what should be the scope of its responsibility if I activate that option.

Note that we're using Mediasense and CUCM 8.6, and due to a bug, we're not able to leverage anything from mediasense for that purpose.

Can you help me start understanding how JTAPI applications work and how they are fitting in the architecture (plugins ? standalone applications?)

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Karim,

You need to write a JTAPI application and use Cisco JTAPI recording interfaces to initiate recording when ever needed. JTAPI developer guide will be a good starting point. In brief you need to create a user on CUCM admin, assign 'Allow CTI control' and 'Allow CTI recording' roles to the user and assign the phones you want to control. Application will use this userid/password to authenticate with CUCM and control the devices.

Also you can download the JTAPI test tool to get familiar with Cisco JTAPI capabilities.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: