Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Service Request using Client Certificate

Frank Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

I am wondering if I could do a Web Service (SOAP) based request using a standard HTTP Post request to a 3rd Party Webservice Server that requires Client side Certificate. I could get a Client Certificate but am not sure if the Finesse Server could or will use it when communicating with the Web Service using a Finesse Workflow.

Any ideas or experinces?

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

You could try to install the certificate you need to install on your server. I would try it in development first. Note that Finesse does not allow for wildcard certificates.

You can read more about Client-Side certificates (note the hyphen in the spelling) here...

Cisco Finesse Installation and Upgrade Guide Release 10.5(1) - Initial Configuration [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

You could try to install the certificate you need to install on your server. I would try it in development first. Note that Finesse does not allow for wildcard certificates.

You can read more about Client-Side certificates (note the hyphen in the spelling) here...

Cisco Finesse Installation and Upgrade Guide Release 10.5(1) - Initial Configuration [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco

Hi

Thanks for the answer so far. Not sure if we talk about the same think here.

What I need to know is to send a HTTPS Post request (from the Finesse Server towards a Web Service) and I need to import a Client-Side Certificate from the WebServices Server into the Finesse Server that must be used when the HTTPS request above should be send.

What you referenced as far as I understand is the process how to import a pot. customer specific Certificate into the Finesse Server and how the Finesse Client should import that one.

I am more looking for a Client Side certificate that the Server uses when executing the Web Service POST request

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: