Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - Phone Only Mode

hanlykent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am wondering whether anyone has experience in what to expect with Cisco Jabber for Windows - Phone Only mode

I have the Cisco Jabber for Windows 11.0 and CUCM 10.5.2.

Cisco Jabber for Windows is configured with the required services and the all seems to work.

However, I have not found any documentation to clarify the following:

• On the top left of the Jabber client, the users contact does not show. In FullUC mode, the same user's contact photo shows fine
  • On the top left of the client, the Display name is {userid}@. In our case, this becomes {sAMAccountName}@
  • There is no indication of the directory number in use. I did see momentarily an e164 number under {userid}@, however it has since disappeared

The Directory works fine in both Phone Only Mode and Full UC Mode.

The only difference between my Phone Only mode Service profile and the Full UC Service Profile, is the Phone Only Mode service profile does not have "IM and Presence" profiles configured, and we uncheck the "

The Microsoft AD Global Catalog server is dynamically discovered using an SRV record.

However, since we also have Microsoft Lync 2010 in our environment, we use msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress AD attribute to resolve contacts. The "thumbnailPhoto" AD attribute is used for the contact Photo source

Jabber-config.xml snippet:

<Policies>
  <EnableSIPURIDialling>true</EnableSIPURIDialling>
  <DirectoryURI>msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress</DirectoryURI>
  <BDIDirectoryURI>msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress</BDIDirectoryURI>
  <ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>WEBEX,CUP</ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>
   </Policies>
<Directory>
  <DirectoryServerType>EDI</DirectoryServerType>
  <MinimumCharacterQuery>1</MinimumCharacterQuery>
  <UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>true</UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>
  <UriPrefix>sip:</UriPrefix>
  <OtherPhone>ipPhone</OtherPhone>
  <PhotoSource>thumbnailPhoto</PhotoSource>

</Directory>

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kent

3 Replies 3

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, Kent,

I see that you also posted this to the Cisco Support Community Jabber for Windows - Phone Only mode | Jabber Clients | Cisco Support Community | 5831 | 12570941  and received a number of responses. If you continue to experience difficulties, I recommend you open a case with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (Cisco Support - Software Downloads, Product Documentation, Support Tools, and Support Cases - Cisco ).

Thank you for participating in the Community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Hi Kent,

You should add "PresenceDomain" key, either during installation - Cisco Jabber 11.0 Deployment and Installation Guide - Install Client [Cisco Jabber for Windows] - Cisco, or within you jabber-config.xml file.

Regards,

Srdjan

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Kent,

How did you resolve this issue? I am also seeing username@ in phone only mode with UDS directory? Customer doesn't have IM&P server.

Thanks

Aamir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: