cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video conference, escalate to audio only conference CUCM 10.5 / CUBE

infrateam
Level 4
Level 4

I have CUCM 10.5 and a Cisco 2921 ISR with a PVDM3. I have working conference audio and video, as well as transcoding and MTP. These profiles on the CUBE are registered in CUCM. I configured video conferencing last and I have a PVDM 128 however I only have enough resources allocated to complete maximum 1 session, 4 participants in a video conference.

We can set up 8 participants in a audio only conference and I can have multiple sessions on audio only conferences.

I done a test with 4 video endpoints, desk phones and Jabber. Experience was good. However what if we only want an audio conference with up to 8 people? I found that since video endpoints will start video automatically this will begin as a video conference. When we reach 4 participants this is our limit. When I try to add a 5th person in to the conference, my expectation was that video will be dropped and the 5th person will join and all participants will now only have audio, and no video at all. However the experience was that I cannot add a 5th person.

What is the best way forward? It seems enabling Video conf. removes support for audio only conferences.. Is there a way to escalate to audio only conferences using the ISR?

2 Replies 2

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tony,

IF you look in the trace files, what is the reason for the 5th call to fail?  UCM can bridge together other conference resources if available, but I'm not sure this holds true for video conferences.  Also, there are a number of configuration settings that could cause this (UCM max party conference participants, no bridging, etc).  I would recommend looking at the UCM trace files to determine why UCM cannot allocate another bridge.  I have included a couple other TME's to help on this response.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Hi Tony,

Video conferencing is not formally supported in G2 PVDM3, and in recent IOS, the related video conferencing commands have been removed as well to avoid confusion.

Thanks,

Fan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: