Views
Helpful
Replies

Route calls after agent hangs up to post call survey

Josh Kurtz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to route calls after an agent hangs up to a post call survey in ICM in PCCE?

Thanks!

24 Replies 24

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Once you configure Post Call Survey through OAMP, the system will

transfer the call automatically to the DNIS you configured.

All you need to do is configure through OAMP and set isPostCallSurvey to

"y" in the first routing script the caller hits.

Since I am just using an ICM script for the post call survey, do I still need to configure CVP?

Josh,

In this situation, CVP should still be handling call routing. It is not necessary to use CVP scripting in order to use CVP's Post Call Survey routing functionality.

There's some PCS setup instructions for PCCE here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_901/maintenance/guide/b_pcc_features_book/b_pcc_features_book_chapter_0101.html

Just ignore the part where it tells you you have to create a CVP script... but the CVP OAMP config is definitely still important.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks Jameson, I saw that link before, but now that my learning curve is a bit higher, it makes more sense.

Thanks!!

Hi,

If I want to route calls to a post call survey, do I need to first route the call to CVP from the VXML router? As of right now, I have a dialpeer on the VXML router that is routing all unspecified calls to CUCM instead of CVP. I do have a dialpeer that is being used for a test number that is being routed to CVP...if I call into that test number, it does route to the post call survey...I ask because I do have some 888 numbers that are being routed to CUCM that are being used in our call center.

Thanks!

Short answer....Yes.

CVP need to know that a call is set up for post call survey.

Once the agent hangs up, CVP Call Server (which maintains a call connection throughout), queries ICM with the Post Call Survey ICM DN for the post call survey Script and the call continues for the caller.

Have a look at below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_901/maintenance/guide/b_pcc_fea…

Gerry

Thanks Gerry, I think I am getting it. We have a dial plan on our CVP server that encompasses all of our agent phones. I think if I enable post call on that entry I should be good.

Thanks!

Josh,

Thats not a great idea.

That means all calls will get Post call Survey and all to the same survey.

You should assign post call survey to only the ICM dialed numbers you want to have a post call survey on.

(which might mean multiple entries - but will not mean its enabled for every call into the contact centre that routes to an

agent).

Gerry

If I know what queues receive callers that need to have the post call survey, could I just set the "user.microapp.isPostCallSurvey" variable to "Y", "N" for each of the queues that its appropriate for?

Thanks,

Yes, you could do that. However, you should keep in mind that "user.microapp.isPostCallSurvey" defaults to "Y" unless you change it.

-Jameson

Thanks!

By any chance, do you know how to set up the "VisualQ" in PCCE, so I can relay wait times to callers via ICM? I think VisualQ is a UCCX thing...assuming there is something similar for PCCE?

Thanks Jameson

Josh,

There are a few options for providing this information to callers. For example, you could read the "AvgSpeedAnswerTo5" or "AvgSpeedAnswerHalf" from the Call Type, and subtract "Call.TimeInQueue" from that to get their estimated time left, but that value could fluctuate wildly and is potentially only accurate in a very large call center with a very consistent flow of inbound calls. Call center traffic is very naturally "bursty" and hard to predict.

When I get these kind of requests from my customers, my first question is always "Why do you need this? Is this helpful information to the caller? How is this going to positively impact the caller experience?" Depending on when you tell the caller how much time you think they have left, and depending on the value you're giving them, you may be just encouraging them to abandon the queue and call back later, or maybe they'll call a competitor instead.

I'd be interested to see a situation where telling the caller "Please expect a 3 minute wait" or "There are 5 callers ahead of you in queue" would improve caller retention. The latter of those two I've heard when calling some companies, but it's pointless because as a caller I have no idea what 5 callers in queue means to my wait time. For the former... If I'm calling for the first time, how do I know if 3 minutes is normal?

-Jameson

-Jameson

As a caller, I'd be interested in knowing whether I might have to wait

less than 5 minutes; vs 10-15 minutes; vs. longer.

If it's longer than 10-15 minutes, I might put the phone onto speaker

and do something else until I'm answered.

If it's longer, I may well call back later, hoping for a less busy time,

unless it's really urgent

For some callers, waiting is more tolerable if they have a rough idea

(down to a 5 minute window) of how long the wait time is.

Or if you can recommend a time to the caller when the call center

usually has lower call volumes.

Or, better yet, offer to them a Callback!

Great info Janine and Jameson!

I am being asked to relay the wait time to callers, so based on the wait time, they could choose to get a call back or stay on the phone...we had a 3rd party company set up callback for us a little while back...I found some great info on callbacks which is great, as I am going to be asked to modify timers and a few settings soon with regards to callbacks.

I am not too familiar with AvgSpeedAnswerTo5, AvgSpeedAnswerHalf, or Call.TimeInQueue. I will have to do some digging. If you know of a good PCCE doc that goes into setting that up, feel free to send my way

Thanks again for all of your help Janine and Jameson! Very much appriciated