cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse API with CCX: How to show Email/Chat & CUIC Live Data Gadgets in .NET app?

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a customer who is leveraging the Finesse API in their .NET application instead of the default Finesse OpenSocial web UI. They want to display Live Data that would normally be shown within OpenSocial gadgets of Finesse as well as show the Email/Chat gadget that is used to handle SocialMiner-based email and chat contacts.

I'm a bit at a loss for where to start on this front. Can anyone give me a little guidance on where to point them?

8 Replies 8

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

If you could identify exactly what API, or what data you would be looking for in the mentioned scenarios?

The customer is using the Finesse REST API. The Live Data reports are Gadget View-formatted reports from CUIC.understand2_JPG.jpg

Here's the CCX/SocialMiner chat and email gadget.

400583.jpg

My question is how would the customer embed this information (i.e. OpenSocial gadgets normally embedded within the Finesse UI) when they are using the REST API instead?

There is documentation here about OpenSocial. There is also a discussion of the APIs that could be used.

OpenSocial Foundation Moves Standards Work to W3C Social Web Activity | W3C Blog

Hi Jonathan,  did you ever sort this out ? I have a similar requirement to obtain real time chat data out of UCCX, Finesse, or social miner so that I can change the way a web site interacts with customers based on agent availability.

Darren

I did not. The customer ultimately changed priorities and this fell by the wayside. I'm still intrigued what the answer is though if you ever figure this out.

Hi,

It all depends if the customer is able to embed a webpage into their application.

All Finesse gadgets are just OpenSocial gadgets. If the customer is able to embed a webpage into their application, they can create a simple page that is an opensocial container (which is essentially what the Finesse desktop is) and put both the gadgets into it.

If you don't want to take the gadget route, for the CUIC Live Data Gadget, if you look at the Finesse desktop layout, the gadget is basically a search query. For example: https://my-cuic-server:8444/cuic/gadget/LiveData/LiveDataGadget.jsp?gadgetHeight=310&viewId_1=99E6C8E210000141000000D80A0006C4&filterId_1=agent.id=CL%20teamName&viewId_2=9AB7848B10000141000001C50A0006C4&filterId_2=agent.id=CL%20teamName. CUIC has permalinks (Cisco Unified Intelligence Center User Guide, Release 11.0(1) - Permalinks [Cisco Unified Intelligence Center] - Cisco) where you can have permanent hyperlinks for reports. So if the customer can have a page within their application, they can make the URL a permalink.

As far as socialminer's gadget, you would have to rewrite it using the APIs: https://developer.cisco.com/site/socialminer/documentation/. This would be a bit of work since you are essentially rewriting the gadget. This wouldn't require the customer to need to embed a webpage in their application.

Thanx,

Denise

Ammara Bokhari
Level 4
Level 4

@Denise,

I too want to know if I want to build my own client/app where I want to send/receive chat messages (no Finesse desktop to manage states), how can I do it? I couldn't find any API to manage agent states (ready/not ready) for chat/email.

Can you paste a link here to some document describing how is this possible?

Hi Ammara,

Finesse only supports agent state for voice and not email/chat. In 11.5, Finesse starts supporting agent state for email/chat for CCE only, not CCX. So using Finesse, this isn't possible.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: