Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPI - create user template using "based on template"

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Is it possible to create a new User Template like on Unity Connection GUI using CUPI, ie using the "based on template" field?

If yes, what is the REST request?

If no, what is the best way to do something equivalent in CUPI?

Thanks,

Fabien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think you just stumbled upon a pretty serious limitation of the Cisco APIs (I can't say for sure it affects all.. but there's the same issue in AXL as you're probably aware) - creating a copy of something is a pretty important functionality. It's there in the GUI, so why not in the API? You sure got my vote for a feature extension.

Did you check if there's an SP in the database that performs the copy? I don't have CUDLI installed on this box, but if there's something that takes the same or similar parameters as the GUI, that could be a workaround (not very elegant I know).

Of course you can create templates manually, but in my experience from working with mailboxes, while you can change the majority of properties, you can't change/set them all.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think you just stumbled upon a pretty serious limitation of the Cisco APIs (I can't say for sure it affects all.. but there's the same issue in AXL as you're probably aware) - creating a copy of something is a pretty important functionality. It's there in the GUI, so why not in the API? You sure got my vote for a feature extension.

Did you check if there's an SP in the database that performs the copy? I don't have CUDLI installed on this box, but if there's something that takes the same or similar parameters as the GUI, that could be a workaround (not very elegant I know).

Of course you can create templates manually, but in my experience from working with mailboxes, while you can change the majority of properties, you can't change/set them all.

Did you find a corresponding stored procedure?

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for the answer. You are right, using CUDLI, there is an SP to create a user template specifying an existing user template on which the creation shall be based (csp_usertemplatecreate - pTemplateObjectId).

Thanks,

Fabien