cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import Connect History into Jabber?

daniel.lemke
Level 1
Level 1

My company recently upgraded us from WebEx Connect to Cisco Jabber. We were not warned that none of our history is included in the new client. I see that the database from Connect is still on my system. Is there a way to import this information into the Jabber client? Or, if I can figure out how to get the old Connect client installed, is there a way to export the content into a readable format?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brmorris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid Cisco doesn't have any tools for migration of message history from Connect to Jabber.    When you migrate you will find Jabber has more facilities for saving Chat history.   Jabber is able to save history from the conversation window,  save all chats to a local drive or save all messages in Microsoft Exchange.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

brmorris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid Cisco doesn't have any tools for migration of message history from Connect to Jabber.    When you migrate you will find Jabber has more facilities for saving Chat history.   Jabber is able to save history from the conversation window,  save all chats to a local drive or save all messages in Microsoft Exchange.

Thanks Bryan. I see in the jabber client where I can save chats as HTML. I cannot find options about saving to exchange, but I am a user for this, not an admin. So I am guessing this has to be either performed or enabled by our Jabber admins, eh?

Correct, An Admin does need to enable these features as the can impact compliance policies

Bryan

So, yesterday I installed an old WebEx Connect client to try and access my old chat history. Our company uses SSO and the server refuses my login with that application. Is there some way I can access my chats offline, or do I just need to start grieving the loss and move on?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: