cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch Panel APIs?

airgangles
Level 1
Level 1

Does the Touch 8 (CTS-CTRL-DVC8) have any sort of API that a developer could use to troubleshoot the touch panel? I would like to run tests on a Touch Panel to ensure it is functional and not frozen or unresponsive. I would also like to explore the option of adding custom buttons or customizing the appearance (why can't we set wallpaper on the touch panels anymore?). The codecs have extensive APIs but I haven't been able to find anything related to the touch panels other than looking in the logs (I can't even see heartbeat messages anymore in the logs).

I have tried SNMP and even a portscan to see if there were any open ports allowing access, no luck on both.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or are the touch panels locked down completely?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

airgangles
Level 1
Level 1

Could anyone provide a way to at least reboot the Touch8 touch panel remotely? We've had a lot of issues with touch panels becoming unresponsive and slow and it seems the only fix is to reboot the touch panel. I would like to be able to reboot the touch panel via an API or SNMP call.

We have raised the same issue with our local Cisco representive. I work at a partner and supporting the Touch Panel is a pain - we can't see the serial number except on the label physically placed on the panel. We can't connect to the touch panel by SSH to reboot, factory reset or pair the panel. The Touch Panels are very popular with the customers but the support we can provide is laughable.

Thank God that the new codecs use the 10" panel where we can replace the cable, on the 8" we've seen a number of cables being damaged and the only thing the customer can do is to buy a new panel  *sigh*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: