cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding E-mails from Finesse?

Robert Dawson
Level 1
Level 1

We're considering using Cisco Finesse to handle our E-mails. We currently forward a large number of the e-mails to other addresses in the organization - but after looking through the documentation I cant see a way to achieve this with Finesse - I can only see that we are able to 'Reclassify' the email to another CSQ inside UCCX.

Has anyone had this problem or is aware of a way to achieve this?

We're currently using UCCX 10.6 Premium

Thanks

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

snandi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Robert

Email forward is not a supported feature yet. We have it in the roadmap and we are trying to get an understanding about what is exactly needed.

- do you get replies from forwarded to addresses? how does the contact center handle such replies

- does you agents forward to external addresses too? how do you keep a check/restriction otherwise.

- does forwarded emails need to be reported on

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

snandi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Robert

Email forward is not a supported feature yet. We have it in the roadmap and we are trying to get an understanding about what is exactly needed.

- do you get replies from forwarded to addresses? how does the contact center handle such replies

- does you agents forward to external addresses too? how do you keep a check/restriction otherwise.

- does forwarded emails need to be reported on

Thanks

Hi Snandi,

Can't speak for Robert but the organizations I have set this up for would like to be able to forward to any email but for sure on the same domain email.  Example, email comes in from client for Mr. Bob but Mr Bob is not a contact center agent.

The Agent wants to forward to Mr. Bob but can not, so replies to customer that Mr Bob can be reached at bob@acme.com.

Two things happened, customer is like why did I waste my time sending the first one if Bob would only give me his email and Bob is upset because he isn't in a customer facing role and doesn't want customers to have his email.

OK so hope that make sense.

Bill

Thanks William for you input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: